Have your yard and eat it too.
Create a beautiful and sustainable outdoor living space with an edible garden in the San Francisco Bay area. HomeScape Now specializes in blending the features of a traditional flower garden with an edible “kitchen garden” – using flowers, fruits, vegetables, and herbs to cultivate a sumptuous, edible landscape. Growing food-producing plants is not necessarily thrilling, but arranging these plants to be as visually attractive as an ornamental garden, is much easier to get excited if you love the way your garden looks!
We offer complete edible garden maintenance services, which is an excellent choice for those who want a productive garden but do not have the time or interest in performing the work. Growing a vegetable garden that will satisfy your needs is not an easy task, but we are experts and we are more than happy to help! During these visits, we bring the seeds, the vegetable starts, and everything necessary to grow your garden to its fullest potential and bring a bounty of the fruits and vegetables you love throughout the year!
Edible Garden Design and Installation Services
HomeScape Now is committed to providing high-quality edible garden design consultation, installation, and maintenance. We apply organic methods and strive to provide organic, locally produced plants and seeds wherever possible and we are committed to creating healthy ecosystems by employing permaculture, restorative principles. Since we work with nature, there are few spots we cannot turn into edible, productive gardens. There is an edible plant for every corner, whether shady, wet, dry or sunny.
- Wooden or stone raised bed vegetable garden installations and
planting. Variety of styles and materials to suit every taste.
- Herb garden installations. An impressive selection of organic culinary and medicinal herbs for your kitchen herb garden.
- Integrated edible landscape design and planting. Design matched for individual conditions that blend beautifully into existing ornamental landscapes. These plantings can include fruit trees, herbs, berry cultivation, pollinator habitats and vegetable gardens.
- Garden and potato towers. Efficient space savers particularly in an urban setting. Provides easier harvesting and higher yields.
- Small greenhouses. A great way to enhance or extend your growing season. Easy to access and maintain.
- Garden revival. Revamp an existing vegetable or herb garden restoring its health and productivity.
Edible Garden Maintenance Services:
- Spring garden bed cleanup including soil fertilization
- Supply seeds and plant starts throughout the season
- Planting seeds and starts according to your planting plan
- Soil fertility management with certified organic fertilizers and compost
- Pest and disease control using a range of certified organic products
- Scheduled garden bed weeding
- Plant pruning, thinning and training for ideal growth/harvest
- Fall garden bed cleanup including preparing beds for winter
For advice on a sustainable edible garden use our convenient online request form to have our landscape specialist visit, look at your property and provide a fair, reasonable and competitive estimate for all of your landscape and garden needs.